1.26.2008

SCHOOL ... IT HAS ITS PERKS!!!

Since I finally got the pictures to work (thanks Jess), I can finally blog about all my fun and new desk items! Part of the getting organized plan and the number 1 reason I like still being in school .... SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!! I always get super excited when I go buy new school supplies!



This is a weekly desk calendar I found at Target, it originally had little note pads at the top that were cute and colorful .... but it was too big for my desk, so I got the handy dandy razor blade and cut it off and now its perfect! As you will see I have a ton of calendars/planner, but they all have a specific purpose. On this calendar I write down everything in my School Planner, such as what I need to read or bring for class, and some fun stuff too. This is my detailed Desk Calendar. I also got the notepad for a $1.00 at target and the little post-its. I am obsessed and can not wait to use the post-its ... I saw them and I thought they were so cute. They say, "Where I left off," "Study," and "On the Test." (they were also found at target) 


This is my monthly overview Calendar. I just put important things for school ... when projects are due, when I have test ... that kind of thing. This is all done so I don't forget! At LSU I had a lot of friends in class with me, and I would never forget because of them. When I got to UNO I found I forgot things more often, and usually did everything at the very last minute. So this semester I have a million calendars in hopes that this semester will be a little less last minute and a little less stressful. Next month looks scary ... lots of pink!


I couldn't leave out the School Planner since I think its so cute too ... got this at Barnes and Nobles.



Liz knows me all too well! She got me this little Desk Calendar and Journal for Christmas. I love journals, and try to keep up with writing in them on a regular basis. I love going back and reading them. The ones I have from High School now crack me up and I love to think in 30 years I can read them and be right back in my 16 yr old mind set. The Desk Calendar has to be my favorite thing on my desk! It is just tooo cute! For each holiday there is a little symbol for the holiday instead of the date, for example in the picture for new years there are two champagne glasses. Each month there is a picture of girls or girl doing something that is cliche for that month. January is obviously depicting everyone's need to get fit for the New Year. These were all bought at Scriptura, one of my ultimate favorite New Orleans Stores. They are located Uptown and in Metairie. They sell the cutiest journals, stationary, albums, pens/pencils, and so much more. I can't go in there much because I end up spending too much.




These I found one day strolling on Magazine Street. The store is called New Orleans Casting Company, it is right across from Frock Candy and The Nile Cafe between Eight and Ninth Street. It is owned by a lady who makes and sells the stuff. She makes the watermeter stuff, crosses, fleur de lis, and a few other things. I got my sister a little buddha from here when she finally got her driver's permit!! haha Anyways these are watermeter coaster. She does not normally make them unless someone asks, and I just so happened to ask. She sells them in a set of four. These are in the cream and bronze finish, she also does them in a black and bronze, black and silver, and a black and gold I believe. I got my cousin the a big black and silver Watermeter to go on her wall from here. I really want to get one of her crosses, she has so many and they are so pretty. Maybe when I start putting things back on the walls in my room I will go get one finally. Unfortunately she does not have a website though. 



The last and most important thing on my desk my awesome mac-daddy. Well now he got his name well before the girly sticker but anyways! This is my computer and my sister's. We found this fun website Skinit.com where you can order a sticker for pretty much anything an ipod, computer, cell phone and I am sure there are others. You can either pick from pictures/prints that Skinit.com already has, or you can upload picture(s) of your own. My sister and I uploaded these pictures we found on the internet. The sticker are very thick and heavy duty. They go on real easy but I would not advise to try and re-stick them ... so be careful your first time. My sister got a sticker for her ipod and she tried to move it and because the sticker is so thick and extremely sticky its hard to take off and re-stick. Although it does not leave your computer with any sticky residue. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! I feel like I am in school when i read it because I am always taking notes! Can not wait to get my MAC!