4.04.2008

ROOM REPORT CARD ... RUG VOTE

I really want a rug ... and I can not stop thinking about this one since I saw it in Pottery Barn's magazine maybe a month ago. Which color though? I am trying to decide on my definite color scheme for my room. I am kinda leaning toward the expresso because lately I have been really liking blue, brown and gray. So I am thinking that may be my color palette, with hints of pink for splash. But I really love the yellow rug! AHH!!! But that may be too many colors. Idk ... tell me what you think!! 



PLUS ... I need to find a really awesome fabric store and soon. I want to start sewing together my room! haha 

This is what I am thinking ... 

I had picked out my blue awhile ago and always thought hot pink small accents would look awesome with it. Well then on AT one day I saw this ... 



I love it ... if that blue is not the same exact color of my walls, with the hot pink accents I had been dreaming about for over a year now. The gray is perfection ... I love that it's a heathered grey with flacks of brown.

So ... duvet cover - gray! I picture (and doubt I will ever find) but I have seen fabric that has branches with little buds on them ... Urban Outfitters has these but it has little red buds. 


If I could find something similar but with pink buds ... I think that would be awesome! I would really like to find something that was more subtle, but I love the branches with little buds. My little pink flair! (Jess) Then I think the brown rug ... which I can not wait to do yoga on. My furniture is going to be either painted white/creamy or wood stained an expresso black/brown. 


So please tell me what you think!!! I love/need feedback!!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so excited about this post, I can't wait to see your room all put together. I love your inspiration pic, I think it is perfect.

Although you know I am partial to yellow, I think you should go with the brown rug.

I think we can definetly find that fabric with the pink blossoms. it is possibly a Marrimekko print...I'll do some research...

Anonymous said...

I'm excited too!! I think you have great color combinations! I think the brown rug will help to tie everything in. I'll keep my eye open for more hot pinks & blues :)

Anonymous said...

also, if u need bedding, check out the new editions to the dwell collection here: http://www.designpublic.com/shop/dwellstudio

Jessica said...

ok, this fabric isn't cheap, but here is what I have found so far:

http://www.finnstyle.com/cream-keisarinna.html

http://www.sagaliving.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=105

the second one is the one that looks very similar to the UO print...

Brit said...

Thanks for all the help guys! Keep it coming ... I really appreciate it!