2.27.2008

SUMMER ADVENTURES

So I was thinking about the Summer today and all the things I want to do ... I started a list when Kaitlyn left last year of all the things we needed to do and places we needed to see when she got back. So these are some of the adventures I want to go on this Summer!



1. Try a new Church every week until we have seen them all. Nola has so many beautiful churches I want/need to see.

2. Visit the Cemeteries especially Marie Laveau.

3. Go to the Beach, since I didn't go last year.

4. Visit some Plantations, esp. Oak Alley and the Myrtles

5. Take Kickboxing classes ... for exercise and self-defense

6. Bring Oscar to the park more. Hopefully it won't rain too much this Summer

8. Show Kaitlyn LSU

9. Eat at:

- Jacque Imos

- Camellia Grill

- Ole College Inn

- Bourbon House (its my new fav.)

- The Gumbo Room

- and so many more ...

10. Learn to Sew

11. Re-Learn to Knit

12. Finish my room (father permitting)

13. Visit Houston

14.  Visit Austin ... with family and friends if I am lucky!

15.  Re-finish my dresser and maybe the couch

16.  Make my cookbook 

17.  Make a wine book ... maybe I can steal Terry's to get ideas ... she has been keeping one for years and she definitely knows her wine.

18.  Learn to shoot a gun ... as strange as that may seem. I just think it would be nice to know and experience.

19. Watch old movies ... like old black and whites.

20. Go to a wine tasting

21.  Beat Ashley at Guitar Hero 3 

1 comment:

Brit said...

OMG I am sitting next to my sister right now .... and I told her what you wrote ... and she said "yeah I asked Dad to take me to the shooting range bc I have always wanted to shoot a gun. It might be a bad thing tho, because I might get a high off of it and like want to ...." and I said what go shoot someone. I just laughed for like 10 minutes straight. SO ASHLEY!!!